Friday, January 7, 2011

First week is done!

Well, it's Friday – and with its fried goodness, it brings to a close the first week of school.  It's been an interesting week, and every day was a reminder of how much I am looking forward to the next one.

This term I'm taking three business courses (in addition to econ and poli-sci): intro to management, business writing, and business computing.  The latter is a joke class – how to use Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc., all of which I am proficient in.  The teacher spent the majority of the first class explaining that a keyboard was an "input device" and that a monitor was an "output device".  I looked around the class and saw a bunch of kids from my generation and I thought – I think we're good on the keyboard thing.

My management and business writing courses are unbelievably cool, and make me wish that they were classes I took every day so I could soak in all the knowledge and wisdom faster than the professor could lecture.  I'm thankful that school is much more interesting than it was back in high school.  I remember most every day in high school was just as boring as the day before – there was no incentive for me to really do much more than sit around and take tests.  Obviously, knowing then what I know now, I would have studied a bit harder in my underclassman years, but alas, being the wise fool that I was, I didn't do such things.  No matter, the present is what's important; the past is just a reminder of how well you have to do in the present to make up for stupid mistakes.

I was successful in getting into the class I wanted (business writing), and the registrar finally processed my request to change majors (yay!), so I am officially in the business program!  Yay!  I celebrated last night with sushi and some sake.  Yummmm =)

Not much else to say at the moment.  Some other things on my mind, but the words to share said things are not with me right now.  I really am a moody writer, and when I'm not in the mood to write, my writing sucks.  When I am in the mood, I can paint portraits.  Unfortunately, right now I'm somewhere in-between, so rather than risk the crash-bang of misused metaphors, I think I'll just keep quiet at the moment.

Love you all!  =)

-skybluekid <33

1 comment:

  1. Well, Sky, it sounds like things are about perfect! I swear I don't know why they won't let people test out of the beginner computer stuff. I wonder if you showed up with MCP in Office if they'd just give you credit?

    I noted one phrase, and I wonder if you know what you said...yeah you did...you used the roots of "sophomore". Smart guy, wonder who else will pick up on it without reading this comment?

    Congrats on the major and class changes.

    I hear you about writing. I lost a post I had written so carefully. It put me in a state that the re-write is nearly a total loss, but I posted it. Should have followed your lead.

    Good to catch you this morning!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D