Friday, November 5, 2010

OMGHI

Wow, it's been nearly two weeks!

I've been so busy, it's unreal.  I have two more tests next week, one in Econ, where the prof is so terrible I literally have to go back to the beginning of the book and re-read the text =\  A lot depends on this test, too, so I've really gotta put my foot down and learn that shit.

Things have been going well.  I think I'm finally starting to feel at home, even though there are times when I miss LA, its sunshine, and the activity.  It's a huge contrast to this place.

I've been writing for the student newspaper here.  So far my stories have been liked by all, and one of them even made the front page of last week's issue!  This week I'm writing about the recent midterm elections in the U.S. (which I am extremely disappointed in, but that's a story for another day).

I've also been meaning to work out some.  I've probably lost around 20 lbs since I've gotten here, mostly for two reasons: 1) the cafeteria food sucks, and 2) I'm so busy all the time, I barely have time to eat.  I think it helps that food is also really expensive.  I should be down to 160 soon, which is perfect for my height.  Then I just need to work out a bit so I'm toned, like I was when I was a freshman/sophomore in high school, when I was in martial arts and kicking ass =P

Other than that, life is good.  There are ups and downs every day, and I've been a generally melancholy person lately.  I don't know if it's the weather, the stress of school, or whatever... but I do know that I need to change my default disposition to something a bit more happy.  No use being glum when there is so much life to live!

I'm sure I'll have more to say over the weekend.  I promise I'll write!  I've been so busy.  I've also neglected emailing people and hopping on IM.  I'm sorry to all of you =(  I promise I'll make it up somehow!  <33

-skybluekid

3 comments:

  1. OMGHI BACK! So life got a little busy, huh? Hahahaha, good for you. Sounds like life is grand. Well good on the weight loss, I wish mine were going as well, but at least I'm losing a little. 160 is certainly a pipe dream for me, but every pound off helps!

    Good work for the paper. Front page in 2 weeks, that's excellent. And I, too, share your disappointment in the elections.

    So with everything going so well, why so melancholy? Perhaps it is school stress, hope it's not about Kyle...weather isn't worth getting in the dumps with - you moved to the north, and just can't do anything about it :-).

    Look forward to catching up more when you get a chance. Say hello to Kyle and his mom for me!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up, Sky? Missing you, but I'm sure life is full, and you are happy!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    (Check your email for more!)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D