Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hey, I wrote a novel, and it is this post

Another week has gone by.  It's not been much exciting.

Math is hard.  Like, a lot.  If it weren't for Kyle, I'd not know what to do half the time.  The prof is a part-timer, and because of that, a jerk.  He refuses to help anyone or address anything outside of class.  He keeps pointing people to the tutoring if we want it, otherwise tough shit, etc.  But, thankfully, I don't care because Kyle is really good at math and he helps me out SO MUCH I can't even begin to tell you.  I <3 him so much =P  Not just cuz he's a math genius either.  There are other reasons ;)

The school is a huge maze.  There are a dozen buildings on campus with passageways, tunnels, corridors, and various random stuff going every which way.  It's hard to find my way around but I'm getting better at it.  I enjoy spending time there and I don't feel that dread I used to feel all the time at home when the word "school" entered my thoughts.  I chalk this up to progress, and being a good thing.  My classes are going well, too.  I'm really understanding all of my subjects, and none of them are particularly worrying to me about being difficult, except maybe geology, which I'm not convinced is 100% a sane subject.  I went from really, really excited about learning more about it, to being a bit let down by the class.  The prof, while really excited about the subject, lacks a certain... I don't know... gravitas?  when presenting the materia.  So I can't help but sit there and almost fall asleep (the class is at 7pm) while she drones on and on about rocks and ... more rocks.  I'm hoping the subject will regain its magic, but unless the prof changes her lecturing style, I don't have much hope for it.  It's just gotta be something I'm gonna have to tough out.  >.<

In my last post I talked about my friend who undergoing drama at home.  Turns out things are going a bit better for him, especially with his mom.  His dad, on the other hand, not so much.  He's still digesting, from what I understand, but it's still up in the air how it's going to affect him.  My friend says his dad blames his circle of friends for him turning gay, nevermind the fact that we all know THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.  That doesn't stop him from being a douche and thinking that.  So yeah, "bad choice of friends," was the quote, if I remember correctly, and his dad may be putting his foot down re who he can hang out with.  Stupid.  I hope he comes around like his mom.  His sister helps lots, too, which is good.  She had always been supportive, from the very beginning, and helped get his mom out of her stupid mood.  I wish him lots of luck, and I'll post here if/when anything changes.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm still worried about the fact that his being gay will spawn interesting and unexplored conversations between his parents and my parents, during which they will freely discuss and speculate on things, possibly my own sexuality, which will make MY family paranoid and questioning, since my parents watched my friend grow up, in addition to me, and his childhood/relationships are strikingly similar to mine, so I think they'll maybe start connecting the dots.

And that's not a conversation I want to have with them anytime soon.  Like, really.  The thought of that just makes my skin crawl.  I can't bear thinking about how shitty that would be.  Anyhow, no use worrying.  Just hope for the best...

No word on the job front yet, either.  No place has called me back, and it's now been almost two weeks, so I won't hold my breath any longer.  Once my six months is up (yeah, that's a while from now... I know...) I'll just apply for work in-town.  Apparently, I'm not good enough to work at school =(  why I don't know.  My resume's impressive (haha jk it's not =\), and I even printed it on nice paper!!  T_T  The guy even commented on how nice the paper was >.<  I spent $7 on that nice paper too -.-

When I moved here, my phone from the US didn't work any longer.  It was a Motorola Droid, and I loved it with all my heart.  I loved it like I would a dog, or cat, or gerbil.  Okay, just kidding; maybe not a gerbil.  But definitely a cute cat or something.  Anyway, I had to give it up because it wouldn't function here.  So when I went to go get a new cell phone, I wanted one that was a smartphone.  I'm hooked on the awesomeness of a smartphone with all the apps and interwebs and email... and facebook... must. get. So yeah, it surprised me when they told me that they don't have much of a smart phone selection.  They stocked a bunch of BlackBerries, but like, srsly, I hate BB (nothing wrong with them, I just strongly dislike them).  All the Android phones they had were shitty or old, and the iPhone was perpetually sold out like, all the time.  So I went with a crappy Sony Ericsson because it was the best phone they had to offer.  It has the old Android OS but there will be an upgrade.  Or, well, there was going to be one.  See, the old Android OS sucks, lots, and the only reason I bought this phone was because the OS is in for an upgrade to the 2.x series.  But it turns out it's been delayed THREE TIMES and it's still not official on when it's going to come out.  So I called Rogers, the phone company, pissed off that I'm locked in a two year contract with a shitty-ass phone that they can't even be bothered to update.  Well, I worked out a deal that says I can get the always-sold-out-iPhone MAILED to me as a replacement.  I'm like, YIPEE!!!  I'm not a huge iPhone nut, but like, anything's better than this POS.

Unfortunately, I had to wait until October 3rd to get it because of a mandatory, something-or-other, waiting period.  Anyway, the lady calls me like, Tuesday, to tell me that they can actually send it to me now, and to call back and have one of the reps fire off an email to her (since they can't transfer me) and let her know to call me back.  So I did that and I heard nothing.  A day went by and I called back and said, basically, "look you idiots, I called you back and had you email her like you asked me to, but she never called back.  Email her again, plox, and this time tell her to JUST DO IT, but still call me back".  Yeah, that was Thursday, and I haven't heard shit yet.

I want my phone... so hopefully she got my message and is doing it and will call me back ASAP.

Anyway.

Oh man, this is a hugely long post.  Here I thought I had nothing to talk about, but then it turns out I have LOTS to talk about xD

I'll stop for now and maybe make a post later today or something.  Sorry this is rambly and stuff.  I stayed up all night, 'cause I could, and so I'm really tired and sleepy and a bit wonky.  But I'm ready for bed and will sleep a few hours and then go to bed earlier today because I have school tomorrow (weeee =P).

If I have nothing to say, I'll post an update  AT LEAST once a week, so, fret not, I'm still alive, just lacking on things to say (or the time to say it).

Anyway, cheers to all of you.  You know I love you <33

-skybluekid

PS - Sorry again about the crappy grammar/rambling/TLDR longasspost.  I swear I'll make better ones next time.  I won't be so out of it.

5 comments:

  1. Good for Kyle. It's nice to have someone around that can help out. I had a lousy calculus instructor - same situation, no help outside class, all he did in class was put the examples out of the book on the board. If I could learn it from the book by myself, why pay to go to bloody class? FFS! So I spent about 5 hours a week with a friend who taught AP Calc in a high school. I eked out a B.

    Too bad about the geology. You can look forward to dripping hydrochloric acid on rocks to see if they have limestone in them. That's always fun!

    Good to hear your buddy's situation is at least leveling out. It may well take a while for mom and dad to come to grips, but at least he's not been kicked out or anything drastic like that. Maybe when he graduates, he needs to move 2500 miles away to go to uni. Skybluekid, I am not sure you have to worry too much about convos between your rentz and his. My suspicion, based on your description, is that they aren't going to be too willing to share this devastating (to them) news with anyone else. Now it's possible they're close enough that his parents will look to yours for support or an ear or a shoulder to cry on (cause they just gotta tell someone), but I dunno how likely that is.

    Oh boy, the phone. Isn't it just wonderful that the US Wireless industry chose a transmission standard that is incompatible with everywhere else in the bloody world? I had the same problem when I went to England.

    I was coming back from an event 3 hours away with friends a few weeks ago, and one of them has one of those HTC Incredibles. HOLY MOLY DO I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!! Good luck on getting your iPhone. I share your sentiment: they're cool, but not so cool that I'd buy one over an Android model.

    Lord, up all night. Ha, like I can talk. I was blogging last night, looked up, it was 3AM. I slept til noon. Argh. That will throw me off tonight, and yup, gotta work tomorrow. I share your pain.

    Don't worry about the frequency of your posts, write them when you feel like it. If it seems like I pounce on them, it's only cause I run through the bookmarks pretty much daily (not much of a life outside work here sometimes), so I tend to see them soon after they go up. And, you write a novel, by jove you get a novel back! And if you want a chuckle, go see my last post.

    Good to hear from you, Skybluekid, time to go find lunch!
    Peace <3
    Jay in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jay, thanks for the comments as always =) I don't mind reading novels. Always interesting what others have to say ^^

    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. And even though you may think life's not exciting (which is probably a good thing), in all honesty, for me, just seeing you being normal makes me feel good (how sappy is that?).

    Keep posting, mundane as life may seem! Maybe you'll find a pearl in the comments some day.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! So I found your blog and decided to give a quick hi and hello.

    I can sympathize with you on the job front. I graduated two years ago and I have yet been able to find a job. Whatever you do, don't stop looking. It may be a pain in the butt but you'll find something soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ikaika,

    Thanks for the comment and for reading my blog =) I'm still holding out hope for getting a job here at school, but it feels less and less likely.

    It's OK though. In six months I can get a job outside of school, and there are a lot more opportunities there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D