Friday, September 10, 2010

Disoriented

So I'm sitting here, trying to figure out what to write, and I realized suddenly that I can't really recall what I did today.  I know I went to school, and I know I went grocery shopping at 1am, but the rest of the day is really a mystery to me.  How does that make sense?!

New student orientation is tomorrow.  I won't make it by 8:30 because it's 3:30 now and I'm just going to bed.  And I'm definitely not an early riser.  But I think as long as you get there around 10:30 or so it's okay, from what I gathered from the email I received from the school.  If not, then, oh well.  My sleep is more important than being told where the washrooms are.

I spent a good chunk of the day wandering around campus.  I love exploring places, and buildings (abandoned or not) serve as a particularly exciting exploration experience for me.  I don't know why I find it so fascinating, but it is.  The science building is my favorite.  The basement is a huge maze of corridors and little auxiliary walkways, and it's lined with research labs on either side where mad scientists and graduate students do all sorts of dangerous and fascinating things.  Walking those hallways really reminded me of Half-Life and Black Mesa (one of my favorite games of all-time), and made me wish that I was a science major, so I'd get to experience all those really cool things people do down there.  But, alas, I'm not cut out for a career in science or engineering, and it's probably a good decision that I don't go into that field, but that doesn't mean I can't imagine what it would be like, and be envious of people who get to do it... xD

I wanted to go jogging today.  I've been out of shape for a few years since I stopped taking martial arts and stuff.  My stamina sucks; though, to be fair, it's never been that good anyway, but I realized it's gotten decidedly worse.  I decided I'd start doing things to get into better shape.  There's no rush, so, whatever I'm in the mood for, but, something's gotta be done.  Unfortunately, today's plans fell through and I didn't end up going.  Maybe I'll get a chance to go tomorrow evening, since I like going when it's cooler.  The school's campus is amazing and beautiful, and I can't think of a better place to spend a bit of time jogging around.

School starts Monday, and I'm really excited.  I can't wait to jump in and start the year, start meeting new people, and just learn new things.  The weekend comes first, though, and on Saturday, Kyle and I celebrate our anniversary.  I don't know what we're going to do yet, but I want to do something fun and memorable.

By the way... Owl City's new song, "To the Sky", is fantastic!  <33

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D