Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mmmm sleeeeep

I was able to sleep in today.  I ended up sleeping in quite a lot, though.  I don't know why but I felt soooo sleepy when my alarm went off 9 hours after I had gone to bed, so I decided to ditch the alarm and went for sleeping in.  I ended up waking up at 3-ish.  XD

Kyle had class really quick so I dropped him off, but he forgot his coffee in my car so I had to sneak into his lecture and give it to him =3  After that I hung out at the library until it was time for my geology class.

Tomorrow I'll have a bit of time in the morning.  I need to buy my math textbook and a few other things before I head to class.

OH I'M SO HAPPY.  I got approved by the bank here for a credit card.  Never in a million years did I think I'd get one!  In the U.S. I'd been declined so many times until finally I got one last year, but the credit limit was only $700.  Here they don't have check cards, so it's just a debit card that I get, and the bank charges you $0.60/transaction!  So stupid!  And I hate carrying around cash so I was really miffed.  But now that I have a credit card I can use here, I don't get charged and that makes me happy ^^  So I'll be using this one for all my purchases, but I have to make sure not to keep anything on it.  I don't want to go into debt =$  I didn't think I'd get it, because when I opened a bank account here they asked me if I wanted a credit card and I told them I'm from the U.S., which means I don't have an SIN (their version of the SSN) or anything, but they said I can apply without one.  So I did, not thinking I'd actually get it, but hey!!  I got it!!  $1000 too XD

So my first couple of days at school went well =)  My geology prof is so cute.  She is so excited about rocks I don't even know how to describe it to you, but she totally got me onboard to go on a field trip.  I know, nerdy!  A geology field trip!  But I'm just so eager to just jump in, meet people, and experience things, I'm gonna do it.  She's got me excited about rocks hahaha ^^  I can tell her class is gonna be fun.  What sucks is there are like two hundred kids in her class, and the ones next to me are stupidly immature.  Passing notes, whispering, giggling, right when I'm trying to listen to the prof so I can take good notes to get a good grade and pass her class and stuff... I mean, srsly, guys, it's uni, not high school.  If you want to be stupid go outside.  No one's gonna stop you or give you detention.  Or better yet, don't show up.  Drop the class.  Let me listen without having to hear you babble about how wasted you got last night that you started drinking out of a shoe (true story.  I overheard D=)

But other than a slightly-miffed skybluekid cuz of the idiots in geology, I'm really enjoying school so far.

Tomorrow's another day!!

<33

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to just sleep in for a change? I love for the weekends!

    Be bloody careful with that plastic, dude. You can get in serious trouble with it! You seem to have the right attitude though, don't spend more than you can pay off at the end of the month. I'm living proof that if you don't, life sucks!

    Even though I'm a caver, I never was real interested in geology until I met my bff M. She's an earth science teacher, and a geologist, so it became fun! Glad you've got a class you like so well.

    I remember the idiots in some of my lectures. I agree with you, get lost!

    Sounds like a great way to start uni!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D