Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's your favorite day of the week?

Mine is Thursday.  I don't know why, but Thursdays are awesome.  They feel like you're just closing off the week, but you're not quite there yet.  You feel satisfied and accomplished, but yet ready to steel yourself for the final days of the week before the liberation of the weekend.

Today's a Monday, though, which is definitely not my favorite day.  I've gotten better at experiencing Mondays, though, since I've moved here.  They don't seem as icky and unapproachable... they feel more like a new chapter in life rather than a repeating circle of hell.  Fun!

I got all the books for my classes.  Tomorrow I'm going to that poli-sci class that I just added over the weekend.  My accounting class is getting really interesting as the days go by.  The teacher is really good, and very engaging.  I'm learning a lot from him.  Can't wait to learn even more!  My economics prof drones on and on, and struggles with his computer constantly.  Half the class was shouting in sync at him, telling him what to press on his computer, to get something to work.  He's kind of ridiculous, but thankfully I've made a friend in that class and we're surviving it together.  He's pretty cute, and a fun fellow to talk to.  He's working on joining the Canadian Air Force after he gets his degree.  He already has his commercial pilot's license, which I think is so awesome.  I've always wanted to learn how to fly xD  I gave him a ride home today after class, since he would have had to wait almost an hour for a bus to take him across town.  The car ride was short; a bit under ten minutes, so I didn't mind.  Hope we get to know each other better =)

I dropped off my resume at a couple of places on campus.  I'm hoping to pick up a job, and sooner rather than later.  They don't have much jobs open for international students, since most students qualify for the work-study program and most of the jobs are reserved for those guys.  Sucks >.<  but, the places I did apply to are going to be pretty fun to work in, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I get an offer ^^

Tomorrow's a rather short day.  I have class in the morning at 10:30, and then another class in the evening at 7, so most of my day is free.  I don't know what I'll do yet, but I do know I have a bunch of math homework I have to finish before Friday... ugh.  I hate math... so far it's not difficult but I fear I'll soon lose my grasp on it and it will become hard.  I hope not.

I wanted to say to the few of you who emailed me, thanks so much!!  I love hearing from people ^^  if I haven't written you back, I'm sorry.  I've been really busy, but I promise I'll write back soonish!  <33 to you all =D

-skybluekid

3 comments:

  1. I think I must agree that Thursdays are well good days. I love Fridays of course, but the anticipation of Friday being tomorrow makes Thursday awesome! Mondays suck. No anticipation there. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are just blah.

    Sounds like the classes are going well. And if only one is not so hot, that's a good thing! And you're making new friends, too. Excellent.

    So you got a car up there, huh? Nice! I figured you did the "fly up with 2 suitcases of stuff" routine. With that, you get clothes, the ipod, phone, and laptop. Maybe the favorite teddy bear. How long was the drive? Musta been a couple of days, at least! I mean, LA to anywhere in Ontario is at least 2500 miles!!! WHEW!!! Hope it was a cool trip up.

    Catch you later!
    Well good!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove up here yeah. It took about three days of 8+ hour driving. Was pretty crazy, but Kyle came down to come with me so it was a lot easier that way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm working on the next installment of my cross country trip back in '93. No balls in this one. And we're actually on the road. Tell us about your trip up there sometime when you want to post and can't think of anything special.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D