Thursday, September 16, 2010

Forestry boys

Yesterday I didn't write, 'cause I got home at like 10:30 and I was dead.  So I just went to bed.  I almost forgot to brush my teeth... that's how tired I was xD  So, sorry!!  I'm making up yesterday right now though.

Not like there's much to tell either way.  Met a cute boy yesterday in the cafeteria and we talked for like, an hour over lunch/dinner, while I was waiting for Kyle to get out of class.  He's in forestry, and I've always been fascinated what the heck forestry is, and what they do as a major.  So we talked about that, and about politics and what-not.  Which is always a great conversation, apparently, with Canadians, because they tend to have a not-so-great opinion of the U.S. (not that I blame them for the most part).  Unfortunately, he also had some terribly untrue conceptions of our government in general, so I had to clear those up for him.  I felt I did my part by providing some civic education about the U.S. to a foreigner =P  Turns out he's also in my econ class so maybe I found a buddy I can hang out with there =)

Other than that, not much else to tell.  I bought Diablo II the other day.  I loved that game when I was younger, and one of my friends here decided he'd play it so he convinced me to buy it we can play it together =)

I've had trouble getting my math textbook.  The bookstore ran out of copies and I'm kind of unable to get one... and there's an assignment due tomorrow.  Yeah, I know.  I'm actually about to email the prof and let him know.  I don't know when the store will have copies in, but they said they would call.  In the meantime I found one on Amazon for like $60, so I've jumped on that copy, but now I have to wait for it to get to me.  The prof didn't even have one on reserve at the library, so I can't even figure out how I'd be expected to get the assignment in to him.  >_<  I hope he cuts me a break.  I hate to miss an assignment... the first assignment, too, before school has even gone into motion.  *grumble*

Yesterday I also bought my books.  Half a thousand dollars, yessir.  I'm the opposite of in the money.  In the debt?  OH YEAH, SEXY.

T_T

Tonight is geology class.  I hope it's not as stupid as last time and I can actually hear myself think.  XD  Oh, and I'm going on that field trip!!  I confirmed my attendance yesterday, so it's ON =D

Maybe I'll have more to write about tonight, after I get back from school.  If yes, expect a post.  If not, see you all tomorrow <33

-skybluekid

1 comment:

  1. Ah, new friends already! Well cool!

    When I went to England, Bush was in office. My friend there told me to avoid all conversations about Bush and American politics. Every time we went into a pub and I was discovered as a Yank (that takes all of 5 seconds when you order the first pint), the regulars would regularly try to lead me into Bush conversations. My friend was so proud that I avoided them!

    God, $500 on textbooks. This is how old I am: my tuition per semester was something like $375. I think the prof will be OK. Hope so anyway. BTW, what math? Just curious, I love math!

    Can't wait to hear about the geo field trip.

    Good to see a happy post from someone (a bunch of the blogs I follow seem to be on a downward turn).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You know I love you for it =D